Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wild Things

This was my project for the month, and I've think I've done enough Halloween costumes to last a lifetime now. I have yet to decide if the dedication and lack of life thereof was worth it. And a huge gigantic thanks to my mom (the Koolaid Mom), that also dedicated her life these last 3 weeks to helping me :)

Our inspiration: Calvin's favorite book!

The masks: Originally I had decided that paper mache was going to be the best route on this, but then I found this and decided to head that direction. So essentially the head was first made out of a cardboard base and then built up and stuffed like crazy. I covered the whole thing in fleece. The eyes nose and ears are made of fleece as well, and then the teeth were made out of felt. The hair on the girl is a wool fiber that I used red hair spray on, and the guy is rabbit fur from hell, with black wool fiber glued underneath the edges to make it look more natural.
I was please with how the pants turned out. I just bought a pair of white scrubs and drew the scales on with a black sharpee.
The Wild Things and Max.
Calvin doing his best Max impersonation, although sadly it comes way too naturally for him. There was a reason I decided Calvin should be Max for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment